Small Business Tagline Best Practices: July "Branding with Annie" Workshop Recap
I host a monthly workshop series in Raleigh-Durham on branding best practices called "Branding with Annie."
Since this is local, I like to share recaps of these workshops for those who can't attend due to distance or other considerations. For those who can attend in person, you can always find more info and get on the announcement list at www.brandingwithannie.com.
For the locals, "Branding with Annie" is held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at The Frontier in RTP (Research Triangle Park).
Each "Branding with Annie" includes:
- 15-20 minutes of live education
- 15 minutes of group coaching and live strategy work on attendees' businesses
- 15 minutes of overall Branding Q&A
- Open Networking
At July's Tagline Workshop, We Learned 5 Best Practices for Creating a Small Business Tagline
We were joined by over 30 entrepreneurs across Raleigh-Durham. I led our group through live education on best practices - this month on taglines or "slogans" for small businesses.
Here are the five things we looked at in-depth
- We dug into why taglines are an overlooked and big opportunity for a small business to become more memorable
- How adding a tagline to your logo can communicate more of your story and value to your ideal clients
- Your tagline should be between 3-10 words and you should always vet your line, especially against direct competition to ensure it isn't too similarly positioned
- How having secondary taglines can grow your brand and your business
- And why great taglines always make your ideal clients feel welcome!
Several Small Business Owners Received Live Group Coaching
As we do at every "Branding with Annie," following education, I opened up the dialogue and guided our group on improving some attendees' taglines. Several business owners volunteered to share theirs and have us give some perspective.
Here's an exchange from the workshop featuring great sport and fellow business owner, Dave Baldwin, of Baldwin Management Consultants:
Everyone Left With 2+ Action Steps and Some New Connections!
We've created an intimate community of like-minded entrepreneurs that love to work through problems together. A key component of any "Branding with Annie" is open networking before and after. Attendees also get a custom worksheet with a spot to fill in the two action steps that the workshop has inspired them to take!
As always, we announce the next month's topic and give attendees an early chance to register! Last month, we nearly sold out in the first 24 hours.
One of the most fun things we do at the workshop is to give in-person attendees the early bird first opportunity to sign-up for the next month's workshop. We've sold out this event every month since beginning in May, so I always recommend signing up the date registration goes live!
Want to join us for the next monthly "Branding with Annie" workshop? Get on the announcement list below to stay updated on the next event!
Find more detail and tell friends and family about "Branding with Annie" via www.brandingwithannie.com.
Further Reading and Resources:
- Tagline Advice: The Power of a Tempting Tagline (Greatest Story Creative)
- How to Craft a Powerful Tagline for Your Business (Forbes)
- How to Create the Perfect Tagline for Your Business (American Express OPEN Forum)